Monday, September 26, 2011

The Search Continues

I spoke to a representative from a local grant-giving Foundation this afternoon. She was very interested in Library Build's mission, and our work with Rowen.

Just one flaw: we need more board members!

I'll admit that I am not the very best at networking or connecting people to my mission. One of the pieces of advice that Joe McBride gave me before he passed away was that I needed to do the work, while someone else needed to be the spokesman. Pretty much true! Ha! (Anybody?)

So I put up a posting on Bridgestar this afternoon for Board Members. Let's see if I get any good responses! You can check it out here:
http://www.bridgestar.org/MyCareerCenter/PositionDetails.aspx?jobId=9770

For those reading this blog, please email me if you are interested, or if you know anyone in the area who might be interested. I am willing to talk to anyone with a clear interest in public education.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment