Monday, September 12, 2011

Book Drive and Grants

Today is day one of our book drive with Whole Foods Callowhill! So for the two or three people who happen to read this blog... and live in Philadelphia... lets donate some kids/teens books!

In other exciting news: received yet another denial from a Letter of Inquiry sent to a grant foundation. Color me shocked. I'm not sure if I should write about denials on this blog - I like it to remain positive, despite all of the setbacks I receive each and every day. But, I have to say that I am growing very frustrated, to the point of paralysis on sending in letters and actual grant applications. If I read, "your program is worthy, but...".... Anyway, despite the setbacks, we are moving ahead, and the thought of Rowen Elementary having a functional library drives me to try a little harder every day. Hopefully soon Library Build can get its big break - for Rowen's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment