Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Library, Library, Library

Sorry, couldn't think of a great title for this post - and since I feel like all I think about are libraries, it seemed relevant.

First of all, here's another push for librarians to apply to our Librarian Advisory Council - we really need your help! Actually - the kids in Philadelphia really need your help. So if you know anyone who is a librarian, please send out link out to them, and let them know what we are doing.

Second, I am working on a tentative book about the history of libraries, and school libraries, in the US, the decrease in funding, and what people can do to support their libraries. Its been a lot of research, but I have learned so much just within the last few days that I had no idea about previously. Great stuff out there about American libraries!

Third, unfortunately, the School District of Philadelphia, in valid attempts to end their budget gap, has announced that weekend programming may be on the chopping block - meaning that any Saturday work/volunteer days I was hoping to have at Rowen will not be happening. Obviously I don't want this to happen... but I also realize the dire straights that the district is in. What a horrible situation...

Finally, thanks to everyone who has given me encouraging words recently! Sometimes being the unpaid head of a small nonprofit is not nearly as much fun as it sounds!


Happy Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment