Monday, October 18, 2010

No more books in 5 years?

Here we go again!

Nicholas Negroponte, the founder of the nonprofit One Laptop Per Child, was recently on CNN claiming that laptops containing digital books are better and more cost effective than physical books, and that physical books will be gone in 5 years. Hmmm....

First a sidenote, his nonprofit's goal is to ensure that every child in the world has a laptop. However, when I went on the webpage for One Laptop Per Child, it was very heavily focused on Africa - no surprise there. Not that children in Africa don't need or deserve laptops, but I'm tired of organizations claiming broad goals such as "all kids will have laptops!" and then not helping out US kids.

Anyway, will physical books be gone in 5 years?


I think I've already given my opinion on this one.


CNN: Will Physical Books be Gone in 5 Years?
One Laptop per Child - Negroponte's nonprofit

No comments:

Post a Comment